Wednesday 10 September 2014

Short film reconstruction

Before I went ahead and begun filming my project , I decided to try to reconstruct another short film to see how similar I could make mine to the original. Please note-I have reconstructed half of the film in order to make it more focused.It was a challenge to reconstruct the film because the quality special effects were difficult to imitate with a smaller budget. I tried to emulate the films dull blue visual style by adding a filter on movie maker. I wanted to try to test my ability and not choose something that was too simple.I gained more experience with camerawork whilst filming which will enhance my final product.
The original short film
                                                          My reconstructed short film

Looking back at this project:
In retrospect , This reconstruction was quite poor and did not include any variation of location or mise en scene. Another major issue that was detrimental to the reconstruction was that I was to ambitious when choosing the short film. The special effects were simply too complex to begin to transfer to my film because of the expensive equipment involved. If I was to have another reattempt in the future I would choose a simpler film to reconstruct so It would fit my budget.



1 comment:

  1. You have picked quite a difficult film to reconstruct here because of the SFX used in the production. The shooting material is appropriate to the task set - however you have not varied your location and miss-en-scene enough for this task. I like the use of the camera - it does give quite an unsettling and provocative message to the audience. You have attempted to use a variety of shot sizes, distances and angles which is good. Your editing makes your meaning a little confusing at times but I think you might have deliberately chosen for it to be this way - given the genre of the film? Your sound and images are appropriately edited given the nature and genre of this short film.

    Grade D

    ReplyDelete