Friday 24 April 2015

What have I learned from my audience feedback?

From programs such as Survey monkey , I have learnt a great deal about my genre and what people think of it. With the aid of this software , I was able to gather responses and data about their opinions on the thriller genre. Most people who responded had seen a short film , but most of them had been Disney produced. This data made me think that they had not seen a short film out of choice , but were shown it before a blockbuster in a multiplex. I shows that short films do not get the exposure or attention they deserve and are mainly popular to mainstream audiences as short animations.  Asking young people through the use of video feedback allowed me to figure out what the social group I needed to aim for was. I enjoyed collecting the video feedback the most because I knew the people I was interviewing and felt more confident when asking them.


With regard to my blog , my class and I wrote post it notes on each others blogs, explaining the positives and negatives. With this feedback , I learnt that my blog lacked regular updates of my ancillary and main tasks , but also did not have a huge amount of planning such as actors photos or equipment posted. To remedy these problems I went ahead and posted photos of my two main actors and some information on them. This peer feedback allowed me to see different points of view and I doubt I would have been able to improve the blog as quickly and effectively as much as I have without it.












                                                       Powtoon on audience feedback







No comments:

Post a Comment