Friday 24 April 2015

In what ways does your media product use , develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

My three products use the conventions of media effectively because they all have been inspired by my own consumption of texts. For instance , my short film is drawn from my love of thrillers and my magazine is similar in many ways to the booklets I often read at my local cinema. Whilst adhering to these conventions , I also attempted to distinguish them from other contemporaries and make them original. For example you could describe my poster as an art deco piece or you could see it as an unusual composition altogether. This merging of old and new was what I hoped would allow me to create something in my favourite genre , whilst also trying to create a completely unique work. In comparison with last year , I felt that I was less experimental with my design choices , so at A2 I wanted to stretch myself further. I did this by writing my own screenplay , a vital planning stage towards any real media product. I found this challenging , but decided to make the script mostly serious , as I am not as strong at writing other genres such as comedy. I tried to get inside the characters head and see the story from their point of view in order to make the narrative more    believable. With the story , I tried to challenge the structure of society and the level of control the government could possibly have in the future. I think this story was quite original for a short film , and I think many would have shied away from the complex idea , since the film's running time had to be limited.
 
Finally , with my magazine review page I mainly adhered to the typical conventions such as Total Film and Empire as I found this task the most difficult of the three. I began reading these film magazines , which inspired me and reminded me of the typical layout of the media platform. I added a masthead first then began building the page with my article I had written. I found it difficult to get the spacing of the columns correct , but I carefully overcome this issue. I also re read the text to check for any common punctuation errors.




No comments:

Post a Comment