Wednesday 22 April 2015

Final pieces of work

Film poster


This is the final version of my film poster , which I was told was the strongest piece of my three tasks. For this reason , it is the least updated and is very similar to the original.I have altered the BBFC rating at the bottom of the page to a 12A since it did not have n extreme amount of violence of an 18 or the bad language of a 15.With the poster ,  I tried to captured a cynical style, with the giant eye being symbolic of the world ruled by the government. I included many typical conventions of a film poster , with reviews , a tagline , actors names and credits. It is very clear from looking at the poster  that we are still unsure exactly what this films narrative is about , and I did this deliberately to intrigue but also keep an air of mystery surrounding the production.

Magazine review page


I have made some key changes to this ancillary task recently , including the change of the main image.The previous image did not really represent the short film itself , and it may have looked disappointing from the still to an audience. I have also altered the columns as they were out of place and looked unprofessional. Re reading the article , it was apparent that there were several errors in punctuation and grammar , which I quickly addressed. The verdict box at the end also looked very plain and you could tell that this had been made on Photoshop. I tried to make it look more casual and easy to read for the audience.

Illusion short film


After encountering some issues with the college drive , I managed to recover  a good version of my film , even if it has some key moments missing due to the inability to export the film again . I tried to make the film as strange and original as possible , because I wanted the film to be memorable and break new ground. I think the reason it is original is because it takes the style and conventions of the past and puts them into the modern era , complete with a vivd black and white style.

No comments:

Post a Comment