Wednesday 8 October 2014

Film poster flat plan

Before I started the making process of my poster , I decided to complete a flat plan.This gave me some guidance when I was finding it difficult to make. Also, I had this to refer to if I was unsure what to include in the poster. It allowed me to structure my ancillary task.


Rationale 
For my poster I wanted a striking main image that was unusual.The majority of the poster will be mysterious , keeping in with the thriller genre. I took inspiration for this from the works of Salvador Dali and the early art deco pieces. I drew upon the Art Deco style often as the film is a throwback to earlier films and i wanted to deliver the past styles into the future with my ancillary taskIn the end I decided that the title should also be of a larger proportion as it has to be clear to the audience what the film is called. The masthead and title is Illusion , a title that is ambitious but also intriguing. I decided on a yellow , blue and red color scheme as they contrasted well with each other and were not too overpowering. I also decided to have poster conventions such as critics review , a tagline and actors names to make it look as professional as possible. For my BBFC rating ,  I decided upon making the film a 12A as it has similarities with The Hunger Games franchise-it has some disturbing material , but does not have the bad language or violence to warrant making it a 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment